Friday 12 January 2007

Wimborne - twinned with Bratislava?

Full of cold this evening, so a quick post from me tonight.

One thing has struck me, looking at this blog, which is that now that we've passed 1,000 views of the site and there are almost 900 individual viewers, why is it that readers from Slovakia are in second place?


Is there a particular interest about our area in Slovakia? Is there a twinning arrangement I don't know about? Perhaps one of our Slovak viewers could enlighten me.


Anyway, you're all very welcome.

3 comments:

PETER MARTINOVIC said...

Hello Nick,

Being one of the very few Slovak bloggers with site written in English as well as being the one who visits your site regularly, I feel that I am competent to satisfy your curiosity.

I reside in Trnava which is a city some 50 kms away from Bratislava. I work as a lawyer & legal advisor to our City council and quite often visit our Capital. So I would certainly know about any new twinning project. Unfortunately there is nothing like that. Unfortunately, because neither Trnava nor Bratislava have a twin city in the UK which I think is a pity.

And the reason why I go to your page, is because it's a part of Tory blogosphere which I like and want to stay in touch with.

Have nice day :)

Peter

Nick King said...

Hello Peter

Thanks for clearing that up for us.

The mention of twinning was a little joke, english humour I'm afraid, my apologies.

It's purpose was to draw attention to the number of visitors from Slovakia to the site and suggest that perhaps there had been a twinning project between Wimborne (which is part of Mid Dorset and North Poole) and Bratislava (which is probably the only Slovak city most British people have heard of) that we didn't know about.

You're visits are very welcome, particularly as I lived in Prague for a little time and therefore have many Czech and Slovak friends.

Praguetory said...

Hi Nick - maybe I've been a less frequent visitor, but I like your blog, too. Let me know next time you're swinging by Prague.