Sunday 17 August 2008

RIP Harry

My dog Harry died this morning. He was nearly 17 and if he had lived until the end of the week then we would have been together for 16 years.

I couldn't have had a more faithful and loving friend during that time. I don't mind admitting that I'm heartbroken.

Harry came from Battersea Dog's Home, where he had been re-homed three times before we rescued him on a sunny Friday afternoon in 1992. He was full of character and life; mischievous, obedient and stubborn in equal parts.
He became known throughout Littledown and Iford as he was the mascot in 2005 of the campaign to oppose the green belt development proposed there, appearing on posters in people's windows across the ward.

I loved him very much, and I'll miss him terribly.

4 comments:

Jane Adams said...

I'm really sorry to hear about Harry. I was doing a search for Dorset Blogs and I came to your blog only to find this really sad post. My heart goes out to you. Jane

Nick King said...

Thank you Jane. It's very sweet of you to leave me such a nice message.

Anonymous said...

nick.
Brian showed us your blog release at the 200 club last night. we are really sorry. I know what it is like. collected our dog perfectly o k when the conference was in Bournemouth. took him home and peter came back then we went home to find him. we know how upset you are. tog et us out walking again we got a 2 yr old cavalier king charles on the web sight epuz he came fromswindon.

Anonymous said...

we are sorry to hear about Harry. we know what it is like. after conference last time in bournemouth collecting our king charles cavalier from the kennells. then going back into conference and then came home to find him gone. took him to vets.
lost without one and found a cavalier king charles just about coming up to two ont he epuz website and went to swindon to get him. he is very happy in a quiet household but you do miss them.
carolyn and peter