Wednesday 6 December 2006

3,000 New Homes Near Upton?


I've met with the local Conservative Team who are campaigning to ensure the views of Upton and Lytchett Minster residents are taken in to account before any plans for further residential developments there are approved.

Cllr Paul Johns showed me the current green belt land near Upton, which could soon be used to make way for up to 3,000 new homes over the next 20 years.

I appreciate that more homes are needed for local families, but it is vital that any possible development is examined very sensitively. There must be the infrastructure in place to support these developments. I realise that ultimately the Government and their Inspectors will decide whether this development goes ahead, but the local team and I are keen to know the views of all local residents so that we can best represent you.

A leaflet will be distributed in the area in the next few days requesting the views of the residents of Lytchett Minster and Upton, I hope everyone will take the opportunity of making their voice heard by returning the response form in it to the local team.

No comments: